This page is your local stop to keep track of Chapter Advocacy initiatives and priorities. We advocate for legislation (usually bipartisan) that supports the following:
- Connected Health - Enabling greater access to care through telehealth, remote patient monitoring, and broadband technologies.
- Cybersecurity - Appropriate physical and information security measures to protect patients.
- Privacy - Appropriate data privacy measures to protect patients.
- Interoperability - Ensuring information is shared and standardized across information systems that enable public health, care coordination, and improved health outcomes.
Current State Legislation:
- S.B.102: AN ACT relating to operations of executive branch agencies. Cybersecurity. Enacted.
- H.B.496: AN ACT relating to genetic and genetic-related medical testing. Interoperability. Passed Original Chamber.
- H.B.344: AN ACT relating to Kentucky All Schedule Prescription Electronic Reporting. Privacy & Interoperability. Enacted.
- H.B.129: AN ACT relating to public health, making an appropriation therefor, and declaring an emergency. General. Enacted.
Current National Calls to Action:
- Call to Action - Patient ID
- Call to Action - Protect Telehealth
- Call to Action - Global Health Equity
Last updated by Eric Pahl on 20 DEC 2020